Anacoreta - English lyrics
![]() |
| Anacoreta (2023) |
I feel myself ever more
Shackled to your vague quietude
Hostage of your fleeting love
The time which here doesn't run
Moves the hands of the clock
Kidnaps our souls into the north
Immaculate, simple love
On the blue sky I see stars
In the light of stars I see us
In the daytime love your weakness
In that infinite we're alone
Amidst the waves seduce me
In you I found abundant light
Defeated by its own solitude
Silently you extend hands
"Ever since you left me
Memories are no more than ashes
Time here has never passed
To live is to remember dead pain"
The clock hand that runs not here
Out there flees the void of feelings
On the stars I project my cuts
The planet and its rotations
The fear that caresses my chest
A capricious last hope
Suffering, a narrow path
A posthumous wait, alliance and ode
My joyful loves moves me
I feel nostalgic in pain
At nine when they inject me with medicine
Without first saying please
They call us schizophrenic
For all we've been through together
With such academic bullshit
And their filthy religions
Our history is not over
I know you haven't forgotten me
You've always, always loved me
Being alone always hurt me
"Since you have left me
The days don't have the same colours
The song of the rooster is gone
Food does not have taste"
The clock hand that runs not here
Out there flees the void of feelings
On the stars I project my cuts
The planet and its rotations
The fear that caresses my chest
A capricious last hope
Suffering, a narrow path
A posthumous wait, alliance and ode
"I even recall the nights
When we were alone
Running afraid of the whip
But I loved to hear your voice
From that time of magic
When we were sedated
By the sky that shone down
The violet in our roads
But why all that is gone?
If in no wound did we step
Since the time the priest arrived
Such love we found no more
So many times I tried to run
How many times I dreamt of escape
Deep down I hide a martyr
I do not belong in this place"
"Deep down I hide a martyr
I do not belong in this place"
The clock hand that runs not here
Out there flees the void of feelings
On the stars I project my cuts
The planet and its rotations
The fear that caresses my chest
A capricious last hope
Suffering, a narrow path
A posthumous wait, alliance and ode
Translated by: karol tolstoy

Comentários
Postar um comentário